So winter is already here in full force which means the holidays are closing in on us. Maybe it's time to consider some of the delights and aggravations of the season. Check these out:
- Fir trees decked with pillowy white snow - a delight to the eyes! 😀😀
- Driveways covered with icy snow - a pain in the ass (and lower back)! 👎👎
- Cosy evenings spent around a crackling fire equals "I love you." 💗💗
- Endless days spent inside because it's -25 outside equals "I'm sick of your face. Let's get the f*** out of here." 👿👿
- Aahh - the spicy deliciousness of cinnamon and nutmeg and delicious holiday baking. 🍪🍪
- Owww - the bloated gassiness of gluten and sugar on your overloaded holiday gut. 😤😤
- Raising a glass of Christmas cheer with friends and loved ones. 🍸🍷😀😀
- Raising all the ancient gripes and grudges after too much Christmas cheer with friends and loved ones. 🍷🍷🍶🍹🍺🍻😡😬😡
- Laying out the cookies and milk for Jolly Old Saint Nick.
- Opening yet another bottle of Scotch for boozed up old Uncle Nick.
- Turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings - a Yuletide feast fit for a king! 🍗🍗🍗
- Turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey pie, turkey risotto, turkey tacos - let's get our asses to Burger King!
- 😀👍David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Little Drummer Boy
- 👎😝Elmo and Patsy singing Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
On a more serious note, here are some great reads to occupy all that extra time over the holidays:
THE UNDERTAKING by Audrey Magee
Beautiful and mysterious Lilah arrives in sleepy little Silver Narrows one snowy night and journalist, Nick Hendricks is soon caught in her spell. When he begins to investigate a string of tragic disappearances from the past he soon realizes there are guilty secrets lurking beneath the town’s cozy exterior and somehow Lilah is connected. But he’s unprepared for the nightmares that emerge from his own past as well as the shocking discoveries he makes about the town and Lilah, the woman he thought he knew.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU! AND HAPPY READING!